- Annual Report (PDF)
- Business & Finance Units (PDF)
- Business Ethics Awareness and Compliance Program
- Code of Business & Fiduciary Conduct
- Employee Recognition
- Financial Report
- ISU Confidential Hotline
- Senior Vice President's Bio
- Senior VPBF Org Chart (PDF)
- Senior VPBF Staff
- Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Tax Office
- Contact Us
Iowa State University Virtual Tax Office
Iowa State University of Science and Technology, as an agency of the State of Iowa, is a federally tax-exempt organization under Internal Revenue Code Section 115, which exempts income derived from the exercise of any essential governmental functions. The IRS has recognized that education is an essential governmental function. (Rev. Ruling 75-436).
Use of the University’s tax identification number and/or the use of the name “Iowa State University” is expressly limited. Legal rights to the use of the name have been granted by the Board of Regents, but have been limited to certain affiliated organizations including Iowa State University Foundation, Iowa State University Alumni Association, and Iowa State University Research Park.
The Tax Office at Iowa State University is a virtual office involving many offices and individuals working together to meet our government compliance and reporting obligations.
The Tax Office cannot give advice regarding individual income tax situations for students or University faculty or staff.
Iowa State University:
- W-2 – Payroll
- 1095 C – Payroll
- 1098-T – Accounts Receivable
- 1099-Misc: This form is required by the IRS to be issued to independent contractors, other individuals, or unincorporated businesses that have received reportable payments of $600 or more in a calendar year. The Accounting Office within the Controller's Office produces the 1099-MISC forms, sending one copy to the payee and an electronic file to the IRS.
- Guide to tax forms
- Sales tax exemption
- Tax-Exempt Letter
- Tax Forms:
- W-2 – annual form showing wages earned and taxes withheld from paychecks
- Request duplicate tax forms (W-2, 1099 Misc, and 1042S)
- Tax Reporting Forms for Non-Payroll Disbursements
- Tax Returns, Forms, Record Retention